Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Night Market.....

John and Cheryl took us to the night market....which was quite an experience to say the least. The only thing I can compare it to is Ag Days--only about 100 times more people! It was insane!!! There are vendors back to back with games, food, clothes, jewelry, shoes, purses and much, much more! Me and Dillon ate "squid on a stick" which was really good! The "cho dofu" or "stinky tofu" definitely lives up to its name! I wanted to get a picture of it being fried up but I couldn't stand to be next to it for that long. The smell is something I will NEVER forget for the rest of my life! In fact, I swear the stinky smell attached itself to the hairs in my nose and I could smell it even after I got home and took a shower! We're going back to the night market and I am going to try and psyche myself up to take a picture....we'll just have to see though.
Peyton bought herself a couple shirts and a pair of leopard tennis shoes while we were there. And we also got a banana milk too! Now that was delicious!
Just some of the food being cooked up
Dillon eating "squid on a stick"
Some squid tentacles sticking out of Dillon's mouth
Fruit Kabobs with a glaze that hardens
More shish kabobs made out of several different kinds of meat
The crowded night market
The sidewalks are always lined up with lots and lots of scooters
Maci playing one of the games

1 comment:

  1. Gina, you are hilarious! And, I really enjoy your posts and thoughts about your trip! Thinking of you and always praying. :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete