Friday, April 2, 2010

We Got It...

First of all I want to explain to you the events of this glorious day!

I woke up this morning, much like any other day. I went straight to the coffee pot to prepare my morning cup of joe. I then checked my email and ate me a couple pieces of toast. I then proceeded to clean my house. I had made a list of all the things I needed to do and I was very eager to get them done.
Around noon I heard the mail truck drop off our mail. I had no expectations of anything exciting arriving today...It had become normal for me to always be disappointed. When I opened the mailbox....there it was!!! The envelope I had prayed for for so very long!!! My heart started beating very rapidly and I could almost feel my legs turning to rubber. I made it in the house and looked at Dillon and said "I think this is it!" Then the shaking became uncontrollable. I had so much trouble opening the envelope Dillon even offered to do it for me. When I got the letter out and looked at it...I knew what it was! Our I-171H!!!! We are finally approved to go to Taiwan and pick up our sweet Mylee!!!! Then the tears came and I bowed my head and thanked our God and Savior for answering our prayers! Dillon immediately called Donnie and gave him the news...at this time I believe I was about to hyperventilate. The next 15-20 minutes are kind of a blurr to me. I remember calling my mom, but I don't really even remember what I said.
I have emailed a copy of the I-171H to Holly and Trena, and I also emailed AIT for our TAI2010#. We are praying for a quick response from AIT so we can send our TAI# to Holly and Trena, then they can make our AIT appointment. I do know that we will most likely have to stay in Taiwan a little bit longer than 2 weeks. Mylee cannot get her adoption physical without her passport...and since Mylee is legally ours in Taiwan, we will have to apply for her passport as soon as we get there. It could take anywhere from 8-10 days to get that. Then Mylee can get her physical. We are prepared to stay in Taiwan as long as it takes!
We are all in a state of shock!!! This is something we have been wanting for so long....and now that we do it just doesn't even seem real. God has been so faithful! I have relied on Him to give me the strength to make it through each and every day. I cannot praise HIM enough!
“O LORD, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.” Isaiah 25:1
All I can say now is "Mylee....Mommy and Daddy love you and we ARE coming really, really soon!"
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Praying your time to meet Mylee flies by and for a speedy AIT appointment! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. Though it was kind of hard to read, what with the tears of joy streaming down my face. I can really feel the LORD's presence today. HE answers all our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!!! I just knew it was this week!!! I can't wait to see our little Mylee face to face!!!

    Love you guys!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got tears here!! That letter in your mail box realy put the "Good" in you Friday. Congratulations to you all.

    ReplyDelete