Monday, April 26, 2010

Mylee....Here We Come

Well, the day has finally arrived....we are going to Taiwan to get our baby girl! We spent most of the evening last night getting our bags packed, weighed, repacked and weighed again. We had so many donations and extras to bring that we had to pack 3 extra suitcases. We were more than happy to help out though. We had to make one last stop to Walmart for John to get Giradelli White Chocolate chips....sorry John, they didn't have any. I went ahead and bought Nestle though. I'll find that recipe for you on Google. I promise!


I actually slept extremely well....but was up very early. I think I was just way too excited! We were all up, showered and ready by 9:00 am. Barb, Debbie and Whitney came to take us to the airport. When we got to the airport I was so excited to have Patty Spencer come to see us off. She gathered us all together and said a wonderful prayer before she left. I love you Patty!


Donnie's dad was able to slip away from his job long enough to give hugs and kisses for all of us! I was glad he could make it too! The biggest surprise was Andrea and Libby Berry! I was so happy to finally meet them both! What a sweet blessing to see a beautiful little baby from Taiwan as we are getting ready to go! Thanks Andrea for taking the time to come and see us!


The flight to Chicago was uneventful and the kids did just great! Maci was the star attraction on the flight! The stewardess announced her name and said she was American Airlines special guest on the flight! All the passengers clapped for her! I wish you could have seen her face....she looked at me and said "Mommy.....how did she know my name?" It was way too cute!


We're at Chicago O'Hare right now and have a couple more hours until our flight to San Francisco. Then at 1:10 AM we take off for Taiwan. We will arrive in Taipei Wednesday at 5:50 AM their time....Tuesday, 4:50 pm our time. John has arranged for a missionary friend of his to meet us at the airport and put us on a shuttle bus to the HSR, then help us get tickets and load our luggage for Kaohsiung. Please pray that happens without any problems.


The entire Dunn family and half of their church will be there at the train station to greet us! Oh, and Cheryl said Mylee will be right up in front of the crowd! So that means we will be holding our daughter in a little over 24 hours! Praise God!


We have encountered another bump in the road....but scripture says "And we KNOW that in all things GOD works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose'" Romans 8:28 and "If GOD is for us, who can be against us" Romans 8:31


AIT are questioning the one document that the birthmom needed to sign, but Holly and Trena, who have Power of Attorney, signed instead. They are willing to accept it as long as Immigration in the states will approve it. So PLEASE pray that Immigration will approve the document that Holly and Trena signed. AIT called Rae Fang and told her that they couldn't guarantee our appointment on the May 14th because of this. I was a little upset when I heard the news...but I have faith that our GOD in heaven will take care of the whole situation. AIT is also demanding that Mylee's birthmom be present at our AIT appointment. They have informed H/T that if she cannot be there....they need to have documentation of every single time they have tried to find her, phone her, text her, etc. Pray for this situation as well!


A scripture that is one of my favorites has really gotten me through some difficult times during this adoption process. "May the GOD of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in HIM, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 That is exactly what I am doing....I am casting all my worries to the Lord and trusting in Him so that my hope and joy is overflowing! GOD IS GOOD AND FAITHFUL!!!!

The Farmer Family at the airport ready to go

Debbie and Barb with all of us
Auntie Debbie with Maci
Andrea and Libby Berry
Peyton acting silly before her very first flight
Our little Maci....she's an old pro and flying
Dillon waiting for take-off

2 comments:

  1. OH.... I am SOOOOOO excited fo you all to finally bring Mylee home!! I will never forget getting that phone call last year when we were all in Florida for you to call Taiwan and it was your referral of Mylee!!! Now, it is time for you all to hold her in your arms!!! May God be with you as you travel and keep you safe in the palm of His mighty hand!!!

    I love you all so much!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shedding tears of joy for you guys. Mylee has no idea how many people have prayed for her and are waiting to meet her. I wish I could be a fly on Mylee's shoulder at that train station. I'd give anything to see your face Gina. Best of luck, be safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete